Tuesday, November 11, 2008

 

New Family Member



It's been 20 years gone bye but I now have a dog. My wife has animal allergies. We saved some cats 3 years ago and I've been after her for a dog ever since. I finally must have broke her down. She came home one Saturday and surprised me. She was about 12 weeks old and lonely at the pet store. My wife felt sorry for her and brought her home. Best use of the stimulus check! First picture is when we got her over the summer. Her first day I thought something was wrong with her. She was so shy. That didn't last long. Next day, she was really getting the lay of the land. Now, well, she everything they say about Labs. She's very active and very loving. She's never in a bad mood and always happy to see me. She follows me all over the place. I can play with her and she just loves the attention. We're hooked. Of course, we have to deal with her bad habits. She grabbed our turkey off the stove last night when I wasn't looking. She chewed up my eye glasses hours before my trip to Disney World last month. All is forgiven. We love her!
2nd picture is from a couple weeks ago. She's growing.

Comments:
What a cutie!!!! You didn't tell us her name. Congrats!
 
She's a YELLOW lab. Plase tell us you named her "Lotus" :)
Mary Beth Raven
 
@Jess,
I get lots of positive comments on her when people see her. I agree she's a beauty. A face only a father could love. :)

@Mary Beth,
Great idea. We went through some disney characters and names from Beatles songs. So, she's Sadie. Sexie Sadie.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]