Friday, September 05, 2008

 

LEI fun and Thank God for Notes.net

Had an error message in LEI that was tough to figure out till I found an entry in Notes.net. (I know it's not called that anymore but I like that name better. Actually the post was in the Integration Forum.)
The error was "Invalid character value for cast specification. SQLErrorInfo: 22018
Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server"
Problem is that gives me no indication which field is causing the error. I have about 60 fields in this replication and had started sifting through all of them. Andre Guirard to the rescue! Here was his post. His last sentence about a possible date issue pinpointed my issue. I had one date field and I knew which document. Sure enough, the date had a year of '0208'.
Love the Notes forums! Thanks Andre!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]