Wednesday, July 23, 2008

 

New Lotus Notes / Domino Book

Just got a notice from my Books 24x7 online service for this new Notes book. I see it's on version 7. I guess better late than never.


Table of Contents
Domino 7 Application Development—Writing and Upgrading Applications for the Latest Lotus Notes / Domino Platform
Foreward
Preface
Chapter 1 - A Short History of Notes and Domino
Chapter 2 - New Notes 7 Client and Domino 7 Server Features
Chapter 3 - Lotus Notes/Domino 7 and DB2
Chapter 4 - New Lotus Domino Designer 7 Features
Chapter 5 - Upgrading Domino Applications
Chapter 6 - Upgrading Formulas
Chapter 7 - Upgrading Agents and LotusScript
Chapter 8 - Web Services and Domino 7
Chapter 9 - Optimizing Application Performance
Chapter 10 - Code Samples
Overview
The Save & Close Action Bar Button
Preventing Editing of Fields and Documents Dynamically
Fast DbLookups
InViewEditing
Summary

Chapter 11 - Troubleshooting Applications
Overview
Testing Your Application
Asking the Right Questions
Logging
Domino Domain Monitoring (DDM)
Agent Profiler
Summary

Appendix A - Vendor Tools
Index

Comments:
I contacted that company right before 7 came out and asked it they were thinkging about writing a book, I had tossed Rocky's warnings to the wind and thought a user and Administration manual would be good. I also said we should get started on an 8 version too, to this day they still won't tell me if they want to or not. I knew this was coming but figured it would have been on the shelves a year ago.....

oh well.
 
@David,
Interesting "insider" comments. I wonder if other technologies get this type of treatment?
 
Actually I think that R7 book came out in Jan 07 (maybe Feb). The R8 version http://www.packtpub.com/lotus-notes-domino-8/book was released December 07.

So I think it's the notification service thats not working right...

Cheers
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]