Wednesday, January 23, 2008

 

Duffbert and Warren really nailed it!

Duffbert and Warren Elsmore did a great job in their session today,
BP302 Admins are from Mars, Developers are from Venus: A Practical Guide for Improving Communication in Your (Working) Relationships
They had great videos pre-recorded in the Apple commercial style, worked off each other well and had some great comments. I began to understand myself more and appreciate my admins. I had a couple of "Duh" moments. You know, simple things you should realize but don't always pay attention or do. The old UI's from R3 are so yesterday and it reflects on all of us. Let's get it together and upgrade those ui's. How about a documentation wiki or database between developers and admins? I wish I had a dollar for everytime I'm handed a spreadsheet from someone asking me to complete with applicatin definitions. A current database with all details and documentation takes work but will be great to point people to and help communication.
Great job guys!

Technorati tags:

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]