Friday, January 26, 2007

 

Day 3 & 4 at Lotusphere

Day 3 started off great and ended better. I won a 1gb Travel USB drive by wearing the TLCC tshirt and going to the product showcase. I almost bought one in the store earlier in the week. Some more great content including the "How to Sell Lotus Notes", "Low Level Prototyping" and "30 Lotuscript techniques".
Great content on basic skills that everyone can benefit from.
Speedgeeking was a hoot. Burn your brain out all day in sessions, drink some beer and see 12 presentations all presented in 5 minutes each. As if 4 days of technical lecture didn't burn me out, this session is perfect to make sure I'm loaded with more stuff to learn. The one thing I've learned is that you don't really absorb it till you take it back to the office and practice. I quit the SpeedGeeking after #10 because I had plans to meet some friends and go see The Robert Cray band at the House of Blues. All I can say is, "Awesome!". I don't know his music real well so I didn't know what to expect. I did know he is a great blues guitarist and if he jammed, I'd enjoy it. Did they ever Jam! What a great voice, player and the band was tight. We all raved about the night and what a great idea it was to miss the party at Animal Kingdom(in the rain). Day 4, I headed out to the BOF for Bloggers. I was late, it was raining and I went to the wrong room. The BOF's moved over to the Swan. No worries. It was a crowded session and good conversation around blogging. I went to a good session on retrofitting old Notes apps to new stuff. Some great content there that I need to review. I headed over to EPCOT to meet my wife for lunch and we had sushi in Japan. Then I caught a set with Off Kilter and headed back to the Dolphin for the Closing session. Very interesting presentation by Astrophysicist Dr. Neil Degrasse Tyson. Hung around with the blogger crew and got a great picture of them on stage. That was it for Lotusphere and I headed back to EPCOT to have some fun with the wife. It was the best Lotusphere that I've been to.
Great content, friends and more fun that I should be allowed.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]