Wednesday, November 22, 2006

 

Happy Thanksgiving - Time to reflect on things we're thankful for

It's truly an all American holiday we all can celebrate. It's a time to share with family and friends and reflect on what we have. Here's my short list:
1. Our Health - I'm thankful that I'm healthy and my immediate family is too. I pray for others who are struggling with health issues.
2. Awesome wife and kids - I'm thankful for the wife and kids who are great in all the things they do! Wife keeps it all together and the kids are excelling in school and activities.
3. Supportive family - I'm thankful that I have wonderful parents and in-laws.
4. Good career - There was a time when I hated my work and I pursued an opportunity in application development. I'm very thankful of the opportunity.
5. Local community - I'm thankful for my church, karate studio, schools and athletic opportunities for the kids. It would be very difficult to leave this community if forced to.
6. Lotus community - I'm thankful for the Lotus and IBM bloggers who share their ideas, code and friendship. I'm excited for Lotusphere 2007!
7. America - I'm thankful that my ancestors came here to build a new life in hope of prosperity. I'm thankful that our forefathers had the strength, courage and wisdom to create a system of gov't with it's checks and balances. It amazes me, as proven in the latest national election, how our system works as designed by our forefathers over 200 years ago.
8. The Troops - I'm thankful for the people in uniform who fought and are fighting for our safety and freedom.
9. Freedom - I'm thankful to live in a country that is free. 'Nuff said.
10. Prosperity - I'm thankful to be allowed the opportunity to pursue happiness as Thomas Jefferson so eloquently described.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]